Create your own perfectly seasoned marinara for chicken, fish and pasta. For chunkier marinara, transfer sauce to the stove after blending and add chopped veggies.
- 1 medium carrot, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 small onions, peeled, quartered or about 3/4 cup chopped
- 2 pounds (908 g) fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Additional seasoning, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with fish, broiled chicken or any pasta.
|Serving Size||0.25 recipe|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|