- 1 medium carrot, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 small onions, peeled, quartered or about 3/4 cup chopped
- 2 pounds (908 g) fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Additional seasoning, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with fish, broiled chicken or any pasta.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.