Create your own perfectly seasoned marinara for chicken, fish and pasta. For chunkier marinara, transfer sauce to the stove after blending and add chopped veggies.
- 1 medium carrot, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 small onions, peeled, quartered or about 3/4 cup chopped
- 2 pounds (908 g) fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Additional seasoning, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with fish, broiled chicken or any pasta.
What is the shelf life at room temperature and in the refrigerator ? Can I fridge the sauce if making it in a large quantity? For how long?
You never said what to do with the bay leaf. I assume you put it in the saucepan when cooking?
|Serving Size||0.25 recipe|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|