- 1 medium carrot, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 small onions, peeled, quartered or about 3/4 cup chopped
- 2 pounds (908 g) fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Additional seasoning, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with fish, broiled chicken or any pasta.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Marinara Sauce is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by luvteach from Quick, easy "what do I have in the fridge?" sauce Used what I had on hand -- one ripe tomato, a can of diced tomatoes, a carrot, 1/4 a red onion, fresh garlic, and fresh oregano & basil from my garden. (I was trying to do a half recipe) Went a little too heavy with the garlic but the "bite" cooked down after simmering. Added some frozen turkey meatballs while the sauce cooked & it rounded out the flavor. Will definitely make this again!
Date published: 2016-01-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by K80walker from Yum! This sauce is really good and really easy to make! Definitely a keeper recipe for the future! I didn't have fresh tomatoes so I used 2 cans of diced tomatoes, added some salt and a little red pepper flakes. Perfect.
Date published: 2015-12-11
|Serving Size||0.25 recipe|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|