Mayonnaise Sauce for Seafood
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable, chicken, or clam broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 cup (230 g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (122 g) low fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons (17 g) capers
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 lemon, peeled
- Mix the potato starch into the broth until dissolved.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
Use with shrimp or salmon
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.