Mayonnaise Sauce for Seafood
Beautiful on shrimp or salmon, this mayonnaise base is enhanced with plain yogurt, capers, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and sweet paprika for sweet and tangy spice.
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable, chicken, or clam broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 cup (230 g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (122 g) low fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons (17 g) capers
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 lemon, peeled
- Mix the potato starch into the broth until dissolved.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
Use with shrimp or salmon
|Serving Size||1 tbsp|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|