- 3 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon (3 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Place eggs, mustard, salt, and lemon juice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 8. While machine is running, remove the lid plug and pour in the oil in a thin, steady stream through the lid plug opening until completely used and mixture thickens (about 30 seconds).
- Stop machine and stir in any oil sitting on top.
- Refrigerate in separate container and use within 2-4 weeks.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Mayonnaise is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tricia S from Excellent Recipe - fast and easy! I tried this recipe after throwing out my last batch from another recipe I found online is this deserves two thumbs up!!!! Great flavour and right consistency of mayo!!! This will be my staple recipe for making yummy mayo!!!
Date published: 2015-09-29
|Serving Size||1 tbsp|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|