- 3 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon (3 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Place eggs, mustard, salt, and lemon juice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 8. While machine is running, remove the lid plug and pour in the oil in a thin, steady stream through the lid plug opening until completely used and mixture thickens (about 30 seconds).
- Stop machine and stir in any oil sitting on top.
- Refrigerate in separate container and use within 2-4 weeks.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Mayonnaise is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sandra from Yummy! I made a few changes because I do not usually have Canola oil on hand. I followed the recipe but used Avocado oil instead. First time I tried this it did not thicken up, luckily I still had the egg whites threw them in and voila it was perfect. Now when I make it I throw in the whole egg (3 like the recipe calls for) and follow the directions and I end up with awesome mayonnaise.
Date published: 2015-10-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tricia S from Excellent Recipe - fast and easy! I tried this recipe after throwing out my last batch from another recipe I found online is this deserves two thumbs up!!!! Great flavour and right consistency of mayo!!! This will be my staple recipe for making yummy mayo!!!
Date published: 2015-09-29
Rated 1 out of 5 by Moirraine from Not Enough Ingredients To Reach Blades Without Oil Wow... there wasn't enough of anything to mix at the bottom of the Vitamix. What a horrid recipe.
Date published: 2015-10-18
Can you use olive oil in this recipe instead of canola oil? What other oils could you use?
Yes you could use olive oil in this recipe or any other oil you may want depending on the flavor profile you are looking for.
Date published: 2015-11-13
I have the Vitamix 750, what speed should I use for the mayonnaise?
|Serving Size||1 tbsp|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|