- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes, quartered, or 1 cup (8-ounce) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 baby carrot
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onion
- 1/2 stalk celery
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 g) canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup (63 g) zucchini, cut in pieces, steamed
- 1/2 cup (130 g) canned kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup (50 g) canned corn, drained
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Romano cheese, grated
- Place the broth, tomatoes, garlic, carrot, onion, celery, pepper, oregano, basil, salt, and tomato paste into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 1 and remove the lid plug.
- Add chickpeas, zucchini, kidney beans, corn and cheese through the lid plug opening. Replace the lid plug.
- Blend for 1-5 seconds, or until desired texture is reached.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.