Not-So Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50 g) canned pimentos, drained
- 2/3 cup (70 g) whole raw almonds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This vegan "cheese" sauce is perfect as a nacho dip or served over macaroni.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
what is nutritional yeast?
Nutritional yeast is a vegan cheese substitute that is used to replace the flavor of Parmesan Cheese. You can purchase it online or at many health food stores.
Date published: 2016-01-06
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|