Not-So Cheese Sauce
An almond cream with nacho flavorings, this sauce is great on potatoes, broccoli, and as a dip for chips.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50 g) canned pimentos, drained
- 2/3 cup (70 g) whole raw almonds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This vegan "cheese" sauce is perfect as a nacho dip or served over macaroni.
Are there any good substitutions for the pimentos?
Can I use the soup setting on the 7500 to make this recipe?
what is nutritional yeast?
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|