Not-So Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50 g) canned pimentos, drained
- 2/3 cup (70 g) whole raw almonds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This vegan "cheese" sauce is perfect as a nacho dip or served over macaroni.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Not-So Cheese Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Amanda from Great for vegans! The not-so-cheese recipe is great for vegans. The cheese sauce tastes wonderful and its easy to make. If you are cooking for yourself make sure to use half the recipe.
Date published: 2015-11-09
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|