Enjoy sweet butterscotch chips in each bite of this crisp oatmeal cookie.
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup (55 g) butter spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup (280 g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (80 g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (75 g) butterscotch chips
- Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place large egg whites, margarine, vanilla, and brown sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking soda, salt, oats, and flour.
- Stir together the liquid from the Vitamix container into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add the butterscotch chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Flatten each cookie a little with your hand.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are pale and golden around the edges but still soft in the middle.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Can you please supply substitutions for all the sugar- brown and white? We avoid it whenever possible. Honey, maple syrup, agave? I just bought a machine and am limited by your available recipes.
If you go to our find recipes page on our website and click "dietary interest" you will see an option for no added sugar, here is a link; https://www.vitamix.com/browse/recipes/No-Added-Sugar/?id=ctfindrecipeslandingpage There are 255 recipes with no added sugar.
Date published: 2017-03-10
How do you know how to alter the recipe if you have a different series Vitamix?
Many recipes from the C series can be duplicated in the G series machines. The container are different and that is the factor when figuring out how to modify a recipe. In general smoothies can be done the same, soups can be done the same as long as the volume fits into the container, frozen desserts in a C series is a 1lb to 1 cup ration of frozen to liquid and in a G series it is a 1.5lb to 1.5 cup ratio for optimal blending.
Date published: 2016-05-01
Can we use regular margaries or Land o Lakes unsalted stick butter?
Yes you may, we used the earth balanced to keep it vegan for our many vegan users.
Date published: 2015-10-19