Orange Juice Plus
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, quartered
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar or other sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
Try plain orange juice, by omitting the vanilla and sweetener. For recipe variation, add 1/2 cup (75 g) of fresh pineapple with juice.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Hi do I really have to peel the oranges? At Costco the sales rep said to leave on the skin. Please advise thank you.
Yes, please peel the oranges. There are two main reasons: If the oranges are not organic than you are introducing pesticides into your orange juice. If you do not peel the pith off of the orange than you will have an extremely bitter orange juice that you will not want to drink.
Date published: 2015-11-25
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|