Orange Nut Oatmeal Cookies
Fresh orange flavor and the warm spice of clove make these oatmeal cookies perfect for holiday exchanges. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips or raisins to personalize the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups (188 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (390 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (140 g) orange, peeled, quartered
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) oil
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (60 g) walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place flour, oats, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Place orange, egg, oil, molasses, vanilla and brown sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until well blended.
- Fold the mixture into the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until evenly distributed.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Stir 1/2 cup (120 g) chocolate chips or raisins into finished batter.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|