- 2 oranges, peeled, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons (20 g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 4 1/2 cups (1 l) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change. Stop machine.
- Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Orange Sorbet is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by fredwrgmg from Clemen...FINE Sorbet My son and I grabbed a Navel orange and added Clementines, followed this simple recipe and had a FANTASTIC dessert in less that 5 minutes. Frozen Raspberries make this treat even better! (next time we'll try mixing them right in) Sometimes 7 yr olds have the best ideas.
Date published: 2016-01-08
I am assuming that I can make ahead and put in small containers and freeze. Is that correct? I am going to feed an athletic group and was going to put in small styrofoam cups with lids into the freezer so that are ready when they are.
Yes you can go ahead and freeze them in individual serving portions. Remove them from the freezer about 10-15 minutes ahead of time to allow them to slightly thaw so that they can be spooned.
Date published: 2016-01-27
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|