Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons (8 g) blend of fresh basil leaves and fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup (20 g) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- Place balsamic vinegar, lemon, garlic, salt, fresh herbs, Parmesan, pepper and 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 5 seconds. Remove the lid plug.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil through the lid plug opening in a slow, steady stream. Replace the lid plug.
- Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds or until emulsified
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by VitaNewbie from Fabulous Sald Dressing! :-D I'm a VitaNewbie and am having sooo much fun discovering new/old foods I love and Vitamix recipes. Who knew I loved spinach smoothies?! This recipe, like my going green smoothies, is absolutely delicious. Omg. I love salad dressing and was looking for a recipe to use with my Vitamix. I had all these ingredients, including organic balsamic vineger, and had to give this a shot. Delish!! Amazing taste and the lemon gives it a lovely little extra kick. I doubled it so I could add it all to a mason jar. Ooh, baby this is a keeper. I. Love. My. Vitamix. And I've only had it 4 days now.
Date published: 2016-04-12
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|