Peach Soy Sherbet
Frozen peaches and soy milk create a smooth, creamy sherbet that satisfies any sweet tooth.
- 1 cup (240 ml) soy milk
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen unsweetened peach slices*
- 1/4 cup (75 g) honey or other sweetener, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
*Peach slices should be softened at room temperature for about 25 minutes. If mixture has consistency of a milkshake, firm it up by slowly adding another cup of frozen ice cubes. Process until smooth. For recipe variation, other fruits may be substituted.
Can the soy be substituted with other "milk" products, such as Lactaid or regular milk?
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 115 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|