- 3 cups (420 g) unsalted roasted peanuts
- Pour nuts into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- In 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low laboring sound. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
CAUTION: Over processing will cause overheating to your machine. Do not process for more than 1 minute after mixture starts circulating freely. For recipe variation, see Cashew Nut Butter and Almond Butter recipes.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
How do you clean the peanut butter out of the container
One trick is to make a smoothie after you have finished making your peanut butter. Another is to use a little warm water and a drop of soap and run the machine to clean the container. Here is a video to clean your container for reference - https://www.vitamix.com/why-vitamix/what-you-can-make#selfcleaning.
Date published: 2015-10-12
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|