Peanut Cashew Butter
- 1 1/2 cups (216 g) roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups (205 g) roasted, salted cashews
- Pour nuts into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low laboring sound. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
If using dry roasted nuts, you may need to add oil. Begin with 3 Tablespoons (30 ml) and add more if necessary.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
How long does the nut butter stay edible? Is is alirght to store it at room temp to prevent separation or is there little separation?
You can store nut butter for 3-4 days outside of the refrigerator, or for two to three weeks in the refrigerator. The USDA website has great information on storing foods.
Date published: 2016-01-27
Hi I am a Vitamix rookie. Would I use dry container to make nut butters? Thanks
If you own a dry container than yes go right ahead and use the dry container. If you do not the wet container will do the job.
Date published: 2016-03-26
What sort of adjustments do I need to do if using the low-profile 64 oz container?
On nut butters you will start out on high and then decrease the speed so that the peanuts will hit the blades and continue to blend to your desired consistancy.
Date published: 2015-12-01
Can we use natural high quality cold processed coconut oil instead of say a canola? Seems like it would taste good.
Yes you can.
Date published: 2015-11-21
Will it still taste good if using unsalted peanuts and cashews
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|