Peanut Cashew Butter
A mixed nut butter of peanuts and cashews that adds a unique flavor to sandwiches, sauces, and fondues.
- 1 1/2 cups (216 g) roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups (205 g) roasted, salted cashews
- Pour nuts into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low laboring sound. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
If using dry roasted nuts, you may need to add oil. Begin with 3 Tablespoons (30 ml) and add more if necessary.
Will it still taste good if using unsalted peanuts and cashews
How long does the nut butter stay edible? Is is alirght to store it at room temp to prevent separation or is there little separation?
Hi I am a Vitamix rookie. Would I use dry container to make nut butters? Thanks
What sort of adjustments do I need to do if using the low-profile 64 oz container?
Can we use natural high quality cold processed coconut oil instead of say a canola? Seems like it would taste good.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|