- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons (25 g) pine nuts
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except salt and pepper, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat one pound of pasta.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Pesto Sauce is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mike w from It's good but thick! We made this today! I was happy but would recommend adding more oil. It came out thick.
Date published: 2015-10-06
Rated 1 out of 5 by Gaurs from Pine Nut just pooled to the bottom of the containe Tried making this recipe today. The pine nuts just pooled to the bottom of the blender container and the leaves stuck to the side around the bottom. Didn't form a well blended mixture at all! Very disappointed
Date published: 2015-11-13
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|