- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons (25 g) pine nuts
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except salt and pepper, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat one pound of pasta.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.