- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons (25 g) pine nuts
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except salt and pepper, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat one pound of pasta.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Pesto Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mike w from It's good but thick! We made this today! I was happy but would recommend adding more oil. It came out thick.
Date published: 2015-10-06
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|