- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 small onion, peeled
- 1/2 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (5 g) fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño for a milder salsa. You may also substitute fresh mint for fresh cilantro.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.