Pineapple adds a burst of color and flavor to this salsa. You can serve it hot or mild with blue corn chips, or as a topping on grilled fish.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 small onion, peeled
- 1/2 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (5 g) fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño for a milder salsa. You may also substitute fresh mint for fresh cilantro.
How do I know what series machine I have? I noticed lots of recipes designate Series C.
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|