- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 small onion, peeled
- 1/2 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (5 g) fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño for a milder salsa. You may also substitute fresh mint for fresh cilantro.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
How do I know what series machine I have? I noticed lots of recipes designate Series C.
Most of the recipes are designed for the tall, skinny 64 oz container. If you are looking to see exactly which machine you have you can call us to register and we can then provide all information to any questions about the machine, recipes, etc. you may have. Our telephone number is 800.848.2649
Date published: 2016-04-29
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|