Pineapple and green chilies make this a sweet and spicy spread for breads and crackers, or a lovely garnish on chicken or pork chops.
- 1 cup (165 g) sliced fresh pears, seeded
- 0.5 cup (75 g) fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) fresh hot or mild green chilies
- 1/4-1/2 cup (50-75 g) granulated sugar or other sweetener, to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes.
- Store spread in refrigerator.
For a milder spread, remove seeds and membranes from the chili. Serve on your favorite breads, crackers, bagels, ice cream, or use it with or over chicken or pork chops.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|