Pink Grapefruit Granita
A lovely dessert or palate refresher between courses.
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (67 g) granulated sugar
- Combine juice, water and sugar in a bowl and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Pour liquid into a baking pan and freeze until hard, 3 to 4 hours.
- With a fork, break granita into about 1-inch square pieces. Transfer 1/3 of the chunks into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 5.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 8 to 10 times using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, until desired consistency is reached.
- Process remaining chunks, 1/3 at a time.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Can I make a gin and tonic granita with ice cubes and gin and tonic
Yes, you should be able to change up the ingredients to create a gin & tonic granita.
Date published: 2016-10-31