Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 thin slice onion, peeled, or approximately 1 Tablespoon chopped
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute, then reduce speed to Variable 3. Remove the lid plug.
- Add poppy seeds through the lid plug opening. Continue to blend for 5 more seconds.
- Pour into one-quart microwaveable bowl. Cook for 2 minutes on High. Whisk to keep mixture smooth.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes.
Refrigerate in an airtight container.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.