Poppy Seed Filling
A sweet filling for the Poppy Seed Braid.
- 2 cups (282 g) poppy seeds
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- To grind poppy seeds, place poppy seeds into the Vitamix Dry Grains Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds. Stop machine and scrape the container sides with a spatula.
- Replace the lid and grind an additional 15 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Measure 1 cup (142 g) ground poppy seeds. Freeze remaining ground poppy seeds in sealed container.
- To make the filling, combine 1 cup (142 g) ground poppy seeds, milk, sugar, butter, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan.
- Cook on low heat, stirring often, for 30 to 45 minutes or until desired thickness is reached.
- Remove from heat; stir occasionally to cool. When cool, cover and store in refrigerator until needed.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
I don't have a dry grains container. Can this be made in the small or large regular container, and if so, are any adjustments to the instructions needed?
This can be made in the 48ounce container and follow the same directions in the recipe.
Date published: 2016-04-01