Poppy Seed Filling
A sweet filling for the Poppy Seed Braid.
- 2 cups (282 g) poppy seeds
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- To grind poppy seeds, place poppy seeds into the Vitamix Dry Grains Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds. Stop machine and scrape the container sides with a spatula.
- Replace the lid and grind an additional 15 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Measure 1 cup (142 g) ground poppy seeds. Freeze remaining ground poppy seeds in sealed container.
- To make the filling, combine 1 cup (142 g) ground poppy seeds, milk, sugar, butter, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan.
- Cook on low heat, stirring often, for 30 to 45 minutes or until desired thickness is reached.
- Remove from heat; stir occasionally to cool. When cool, cover and store in refrigerator until needed.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|