With creamy cheese sauce and cornflake topping, this potato casserole is a potluck goner!
- 8 to 9 (1.4 kg) medium Russet potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 1/4 large onion, peeled or about 1 cup chopped
- Water to cover
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light butter spread, melted
- 2 cups (480 g) sour cream, nonfat or light
- 1 can (315 ml) low fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (120 g) low fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (120 g) low fat Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (55 g) crushed corn flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray a 9-inch X 13-inch (22.5 cm X 32.5 cm) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the potatoes, onion, and water into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until potatoes are chopped. Pour into a colander, rinse and drain.
- Repeat with second half of potatoes.
- Place butter spread, sour cream, chicken soup, cheeses, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until mixed.
- Place potatoes and sauce in a large-size mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Spoon into baking dish.
- Press corn flake cereal over top of casserole. Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.
Variation: add 1 cup (140 g) chopped ham pieces.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
What do you mean by "Water to cover?" How much water am I placing in the Vitamix during step 2?
When placing the potatoes and onion in the container you are going to pour enough water so that the ingredients just float off the bottom of the container.
Date published: 2016-07-17