The rich flavor of allspice and cinnamon enhance the pumpkin's sweetness, while walnuts add texture to these classic autumn treats.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin, freshly cooked or canned
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) skim milk
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups (219 g) unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (120 g) chocolate chips, mini or regular
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Place eggs, oil, pumpkin, milk, and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine salt, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, flour and chocolate chips in the order listed.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into bowl containing dry ingredients. Mix by hand just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully remove each muffin from muffin pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Pumpkin Muffins is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 1 out of 5 by name from ratios are off way too much baking soda. tastes like I'm eating iron
Date published: 2016-08-12
Any recipe for banana or blueberrie muffin?
You can certainly add banana or blueberry to any of our muffin recipes. Here is one for a carrot and raisin muffin, https://www.vitamix.com/Recipes/Carrot-and-Raisin-Muffins/C-Series/Variable-Speed/Classic-64-Ounce?referer_st=muffin&sc=site You can sub out the carrot and add banana or blueberry, or both!
Date published: 2016-08-09
Can this recipe be used as a pumpkin bread?
Yes just use a loaf pan instead of the muffin pan and you will have to bake it longer.
Date published: 2016-02-18
So..... Where are the walnuts?
This recipe does not call for walnuts but if you would like to add them just replace the chocolate chips with walnuts or a portion of the chocolate chips with walnuts.
Date published: 2015-10-19
Could you use almond milk instead of the skim milk? thanks
Yes but go for unflavored.
Date published: 2015-10-14