- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (368 g) canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (58 g) sliced onions, sautéed
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid.
Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds. Substitute vegetable broth for a vegetarian option.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Pumpkin Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Heba from Yummy this was an excellent soup. I only substituted the a canned pumpkin for the roasted pumpkins I made. Also, I used my home made chicken stock. Love it.
Date published: 2015-11-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by Pmac from Not tasty This recipe is ok. I will eat it, but will not make it again. Too much nutmeg I think.
Date published: 2015-10-13
Is it necessary to saute onions and roast garlic before blending?
It is not necessary but you would use a very small amount of raw onion and garlic in the recipe. The blending process intensifies the raw onion and garlic so the a tablespoon of onion and a half garlic clove will give this good flavor and not be over powering.
Date published: 2015-11-21
nutrition facts on this receipe
The nutritional facts to all of our recipes are on the lower right hand side of the recipe page under the title nutritional facts.
Date published: 2015-11-03
can you add crab?
Yes you can add pasteurized crab if you would like to.
Date published: 2015-10-19
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|