The warm sweetness of paprika and nutmeg combine with the savory seasonings of onion, garlic, and cayenne pepper to create this decadent, full-bodied purée.
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (368 g) canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (58 g) sliced onions, sautéed
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid.
Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds. Substitute vegetable broth for a vegetarian option.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|