Quiche with Brown Rice Crust
The brown rice crust of this broccoli cheddar quiche is a delicious, whole-grain alternative to traditional crusts, and adds fantastic texture.
- 2 cups (400 g) brown rice, cooked, cooled
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup (90 g) broccoli, steamed
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup (55 g) soy milk
- ½ cup (55 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 4½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch (22.5 cm) pie pan with cooking spray.
- To make the brown rice crust, mix rice and egg white in a medium bowl by hand.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place broccoli in center of prebaked rice crust.
- To make filling, place eggs, soy milk, cheese, parsley, basil, salt and onion powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture over broccoli.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until top is brown.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
is it possible to whip egg whites in the vitamix?
Absolutely! Just pour the whites into the container, select variable 1, take to ten/high bled for about 10-30 seconds, depending on batch size and Voila! Whipped eggs whites!
Date published: 2016-07-20
Where can I find low calorie, high fibre and low carb receipes?
You should speak with your nutritionist or physician to find which foods will meet your needs best and search from there.
Date published: 2017-05-14