Quiche with Brown Rice Crust
- 2 cups (390 g) brown rice, cooked, cooled
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup (70 g) broccoli florets, steamed
- 3 large eggs or 3/4 cup (180 ml) egg substitute
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) soy milk
- 1/2 cup (55 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch (22.5 cm) pie pan with cooking spray.
- To make the brown rice crust, mix rice and egg white in a medium bowl by hand.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place broccoli in center of prebaked rice crust.
- To make filling, place eggs, soy milk, cheese, parsley, basil, salt and onion powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture over broccoli.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until top is brown.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|