Raisin Almond Breakfast Spread
Almonds and ginger paste make this breakfast spread creamy without the use of dairy ingredients.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) honey or agave nectar
- 1 cup (145 g) raw almonds
- 1 Tablespoon 2-inch cube of fresh ginger root or Ginger Paste (See Recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons (20 g) raw sesame seeds
- 1 cup (145 g) raisins or 1/2 cup (70 g) raisins, 4 pitted dates, and 4 dried apricots
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|