Red Pepper Crab Soup
- 1/4 cup (38 g) chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) half and half mixed with 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 (492 g) large red peppers, roasted
- 2 cups (270 g) imitation or fresh crab meat, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sauté onions in olive oil.
- Place sautéed onion, broth, half and half with flour, red peppers, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper into Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Add salt.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Drop crab meat through the lid plug opening. Stop machine and serve immediately.
For a non-dairy alternative, substitute soy milk for low fat or skim milk.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
I love making Vitamix soup recipes. Making red pepper soup is wonderful but must I serve it immediately or can I store in refrigerator for a day?
You can store all soups in the refrigerator for a day. We recommend to follow the USDA regulations on proper reheating procedures. Bring a soup to a roiling boil for at least 15 seconds. You can find all reheating guidelines at USDA.GOV
Date published: 2015-11-20
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|