Red Pepper Crab Soup
- 1/4 cup (38 g) chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) half and half mixed with 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 (492 g) large red peppers, roasted
- 2 cups (270 g) imitation or fresh crab meat, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sauté onions in olive oil.
- Place sautéed onion, broth, half and half with flour, red peppers, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper into Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Add salt.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Drop crab meat through the lid plug opening. Stop machine and serve immediately.
For a non-dairy alternative, substitute soy milk for low fat or skim milk.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Red Pepper Crab Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ed M from Amazing soup East to make and a genuine gourmet taste at home. As good as any restaurant soup, anywhere. Highly recommended with or without crab added.
Date published: 2016-02-02
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ed M from Fantastic gourmet taste Great taste, simple to make. One of the best. Nice pepper taste along with the crab. It would be just as good without or another seafood.
Date published: 2016-02-02
Do you place the entire roasted red pepper in the container or remove stems and seeds?
We removed the stems and seeds.
Date published: 2015-12-31
Hello I don't understand this: 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth/ 1 cup (240 ml) half and half mixed with 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour..? 1 cup of what ? and what do you mean by half and half.. ? Rick
Half and Half is a dairy product in the states which is half heavy cream and half milk. Around the world you will see diary listed as Fat content, this product usually has a fat content around 12%.
Date published: 2015-12-12
I love making Vitamix soup recipes. Making red pepper soup is wonderful but must I serve it immediately or can I store in refrigerator for a day?
You can store all soups in the refrigerator for a day. We recommend to follow the USDA regulations on proper reheating procedures. Bring a soup to a roiling boil for at least 15 seconds. You can find all reheating guidelines at USDA.GOV
Date published: 2015-11-28
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|