Turn cooked brown rice and a touch of brown sugar into a delicious, dairy-free milk.
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (100 g) cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon brown sugar or other sweetener, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla if desired.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Rice Milk is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by bwalsh from Rice Milk I was looking for a recipe that was easy and quick. This recipe met both of those requirements. I added a cinnamon stick to the rice while it was cooking and ground it with the rice after it cooled. It is just as good as the Horchata (rice milk) I get at the local mexican restaurant. I would definitely make this again.
Date published: 2016-06-26
For the rice milk, can raw rice be used instead of cooked rice?
You can use raw rice but you will want to soak it over night first .
Date published: 2016-05-18
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|