Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Chef Steve Schimoler created this spin on classic hummus with the addition of sweet roasted red pepper for flavor and color.
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 6 ounces (170 g) roasted red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (120 g) tahini paste
- 2 ½ Tablespoon (38 ml) lemon juice
- 2 (6 g) garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups (720 g) canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, or until smooth. Add additional water if necessary to keep mixture flowing freely through blades.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|