Rosemary Chicken Potato Soup
Curl up on a cold day with this creamy blend of roasted chicken, Russet potatoes, and dried rosemary.
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk
- 1/4 (18 g) small onion, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup (58 g) cream cheese
- 2 (346 g) medium Russet potatoes, baked, quartered
- 1 (140 g) chicken breast, roasted, diced
- Place milk, onion, rosemary, garlic, and bouillon into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Drop in remaining cream cheese, potato, and chicken through the lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 10 seconds. Stop machine. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Can you use a vitamix series 300 to make this recipe? RosemaryChicken and potatoes soup
Yes, you can.
Date published: 2016-07-27
I have a 7500 series, which does not have the switch for high. Should I use variable speed 10 when recipes call for high? Is there a difference in power between mine and the series with the high speed?
Speed 10 IS like pressing the button for high speed. Its built in, equivalent.
Date published: 2016-02-09
Can this be made with homemade chicken stock? I hate all the sodium in bouillon cubes. How can I adjust the recipe? is there such a thing as low salt bouillon?
This recipe is a little difficult to adjust to use chicken stock. I would replace the milk and bouillon cube with homemade chicken stock. If you would like to have the dairy creaminess just add 1/4 cup heavy cream at the end.
Date published: 2016-01-06
Should the potatoes be peeled? Should the rosemary be ground or leaves? Processed for 5 minutes steam coming out, finished remainder of recipe, served soup right away but it wasn't hot enough?
The potatoes do not need to be peeled and the rosemary can be ground or dried leaves. In this recipe I would recommend to blend for 6 minutes and then add the cream cheese, potatoes and chicken. Also the potatoes, chicken should still be warm from the cooking process. If they were room temperature or cool then that will drop the soups temperature quickly.
Date published: 2015-10-19