Rosemary Chicken Potato Soup
Curl up on a cold day with this creamy blend of roasted chicken, Russet potatoes, and dried rosemary.
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk
- 1/4 (18 g) small onion, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup (58 g) cream cheese
- 2 (346 g) medium Russet potatoes, baked, quartered
- 1 (140 g) chicken breast, roasted, diced
- Place milk, onion, rosemary, garlic, and bouillon into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Drop in remaining cream cheese, potato, and chicken through the lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 10 seconds. Stop machine. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Rosemary Chicken Potato Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jeane331 from Tasty-Easy-Filling Soup Super simple in my new Vitamix! Recipe not clear as to leave skin on potatoes or not. Definitely would made this again. Maybe sprinkle some bacon on top.
Date published: 2015-10-18
Rated 3 out of 5 by macman83709 from Rosemary Chicken Potato Soup I made this recipe last night, GREAT Flavor!!! However the soup was a bit thick, almost like grits, Dont know what I did wrong. This is only my second use of my new Vitamix. If anyone could help me out with how to not get the soup to thick. I did follow the recipe to the letter.
Date published: 2016-11-23