With green chilies and jalapeño, this spicy salsa is not for the mild-hearted.
- 2 cups (480 ml) canned stewed tomatoes, no salt added
- 4 ounces (112 g) canned jalapeño peppers
- 4 ounces (112 g) canned green chilies
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (10 g) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 5-10 seconds or until ingredients are chopped to desired consistency. If necessary, use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing. Do not over mix. Serve with tortilla chips.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|