Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette
Chef Marc Murphy shares his signature dressing, a popular menu item that Marc also sells by the quart in his restaurants.
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups shallots, roughly chopped (about 6)
- 2 cups sherry vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat small saucepan over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, and allow to get very hot.
- Add shallots and cook until very brown.
- Add sherry vinegar and reduce by 3/4, simmering at least 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow shallots to cool.
- Carefully transfer to the Vitamix container.
- Add water and mustard, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on, and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for about two minutes or until smooth.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5. Remove the lid plug. While the machine is running, slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening in a thin stream until all is incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tcovington from Sherry shallot vinaigrette dressing is amazing! First four days of owning my vitamix has rocked my nutritional world! I'm so excited to become an advanced user of this amazing kitchen gadget! Vitamix 780 has a touch control panel with optional preprogrammed timing buttons for soups, frozen drinks, fruit and even a cycle for washing the container.
Date published: 2015-11-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by maristela from amazing products I have my vitamix about for monthsand I love it great product definitely recommend it!!
Date published: 2015-11-12
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 48 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|