- 3 Tablespoons (42 g) light butter spread
- 1 (40 g) small rib celery
- 1/4 (28 g) medium onion, peeled
- 1 (50 g) small carrot, halved
- pinch of marjoram
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 8 ounces (227 g) shrimp or crab, cleaned
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- Place butter, celery, onion, carrot, marjoram, nutmeg, lemon juice, and chicken broth into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a 4-quart pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is no longer pink. Add milk and maintain temperature. Serve immediately.
Chef's Note: The chowder can be puréed to make into a bisque.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|