Simple Tortilla Soup
- 1 Roma tomato, 4 1/2 ounces (127 g)
- 1 stalk celery, 2 ounces (56 g)
- 6 baby carrots, 2 ounces (56 g)
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 1/2 chicken or vegetable flavored bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml other) water
- 1/2 cup (70 g) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup (48 g) tortilla chips, lightly broken
- 1 cup (38 g) packed fresh spinach
- Place tomato, celery, carrots, garlic, bouillon, taco seasoning and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug opening.
- Add corn, tortilla chips and spinach through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug.
- Blend for 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.