Simple Tortilla Soup
- 1 Roma tomato, 4 1/2 ounces (127 g)
- 1 stalk celery, 2 ounces (56 g)
- 6 baby carrots, 2 ounces (56 g)
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 1/2 chicken or vegetable flavored bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml other) water
- 1/2 cup (70 g) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup (48 g) tortilla chips, lightly broken
- 1 cup (38 g) packed fresh spinach
- Place tomato, celery, carrots, garlic, bouillon, taco seasoning and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug opening.
- Add corn, tortilla chips and spinach through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug.
- Blend for 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Simple Tortilla Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by TinaHerron2000 from Great "Trash to Table" recipe! I have had my Vitamix for 2 years now. I recently started doing "Trash to Table" dishes which are ends & pieces, left overs, and doggie bag take home. Tortilla Soup is great for "T2T" meals. I use tomato ends & cores, celery tops, and carrot ends from salads, left over corn from previous dinner, and chips from a recent Mexican dinner date. The rest I had on hand. I added hot sauce for a little kick and soft tofu for some creaminess. For serving I topped with shredded cheese and sour cream. AMAZING! No waste, no want.
Date published: 2015-10-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by sunnymonkey from Like the demonstration I saw a couple Vitamix demonstrations before I purchased the machine and this recipe was one of the things that sold me on it. I added half an avocado too (because that's what they did in the demonstration), which I think is a great addition -- otherwise it would have been too thin without it. Easy peasy!
Date published: 2015-09-25
Can you hit the 'soup' button on the vitamix for this one?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|