This homemade soy milk is a tasty dairy alternative, and can be used on cereal or in baking recipes.
- 1 cup (200 g) dried soy beans
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3½ cup (840 ml) water
- Clean dried soy beans and soak for 4-8 hours.
- Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Drain soy beans and let cool.
- Place 1½ cups cooked beans, sugar, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 1½ minutes or until smooth.
To obtain a commercial style soy milk, strain through a filtration bag. Flavor soy milk with 1/2 teaspoon table salt and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or sweeten to taste with your favorite sweetener.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|