This homemade soy milk is a tasty dairy alternative, and can be used on cereal or in baking recipes.
- 1 cup (200 g) dried soy beans
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) water
- Clean whole soy beans and soak for 4-8 hours. Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Drain soy beans and let cool.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups of cooked beans. Place beans, sugar, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 1/2 minutes until smooth.
To obtain a commercial style soy milk, strain through a filtration bag. Flavor soy milk with 1/2 teaspoon table salt and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or sweeten to taste with your favorite sweetener. Store extra soaked and steamed beans in the refrigerator for a few days or freeze in their cooking liquid for longer storage.
Will dry roasted soy beans work?
When you say steam the beans....do you mean drain and rinse then put into a basket over boiling water and steam for 15 minutes?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|