Spiced Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 (5 g) jalapeño pepper or 1 whole canned chili jalapeño (roasted, with or without seeds)
- 3 cups (447 g) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
If mixture has the consistency of a milkshake, firm it up by slowly adding a cup of frozen ice cubes. Process until smooth.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.