Spiced Strawberry Ice Cream
The unusual combination of strawberries and jalapeño give this ice cream a sweet and spicy kick.
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 (5 g) jalapeño pepper or 1 whole canned chili jalapeño (roasted, with or without seeds)
- 3 cups (447 g) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
If mixture has the consistency of a milkshake, firm it up by slowly adding a cup of frozen ice cubes. Process until smooth.
Can I use almond or rice milk for the ice cream recipes?
Will this work without the jalapeño? I just froze a bunch of local strawberries. Greensboro, NC, Costco demo a couple of weeks ago made chocolate/avocado soft serve ice cream. Do you have a recipe?
Could I substitute ginger for the pepper as the spice?
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|