Spicy Honey Vinaigrette
A sweet and spicy, Thai-inspired dressing, delicious on salads with pea pods, radishes, and shredded carrots, or as a marinade with grilled meats and vegetables.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place vinegar, honey, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger root and black pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7 or 8.
- Blend for 5 seconds. Remove the lid plug.
- Slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening in a slow, steady stream. Replace the lid plug.
- Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until emulsified.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Spicy Honey Vinaigrette is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Wendy S from Good Taste Is a little thicker than a 'typical' salad dressing, but I could taste the heat, sweet/vinegar flavors. Since it's a thai inspired recipe, I added a little fresh cilantro and green onion, which didn't hurt the flavor at all.
Date published: 2017-01-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by Denny from Nice Mild Sweet Spicy Sauce The sauce came out thick but smooth. It had a mild a little spicy but sweet taste.
Date published: 2016-01-13
Looks like an amazing dressing! How long can I keep this dressing in the refrigerator?
Most of our recipes should only be kept for about 7 - 10 days in the refrigerator.
Date published: 2016-10-31