- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, with liquid
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 raw garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
I've never heard of humus made without tahini. Is there a reason this recipe leaves it out?
This is just a variation of a traditional hummus, you may add tahini to this recipe and it will continue to work.
Date published: 2015-11-18
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|