Spice up your hummus with your favorite hot sauce. Just remember, the heat level you choose will be intensified in the Vitamix.
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, with liquid
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 raw garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Spicy Hummus is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Riccardo from Cheap and authentic! Here's a way to put your high priced Vitamix to quick and money saving good use. Instead of buying Sabra Hummus, I prepared this recipe several times using a variety of herbs from my garden. The result? Delectable and authentic humus that makes all supermarket refrigerated hummus products pale!
Date published: 2015-11-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by USCameo from Yummy I brought this in for a birthday potluck and received many compliments. This is a keeper!
Date published: 2015-12-30
Hi there, that is a lot of hummus for a single person. How long will it keep in the fridge?
About one week, you can always cut the recipe in half!
Date published: 2016-07-19
I've never heard of humus made without tahini. Is there a reason this recipe leaves it out?
This is just a variation of a traditional hummus, you may add tahini to this recipe and it will continue to work.
Date published: 2017-01-27