Spicy Tomato Sauce
With cream cheese and jalapeño, this creamy sauce is beautiful over pasta or plated as a bed for chicken or beef. For a milder sauce, remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño.
- 4 (265 g) Roma tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons (25 g) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 (10 g) jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Pour into saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
For extra spicy, leave a few jalapeño seeds in pepper.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|