Strawberry Banana Shake
- 1 cup (230 g) vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt or ice cream
- 1 cup (120 g) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 (101 g) small banana, peeled (reserve slice for garnish)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar or other sweetener, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
Substitute strawberry frozen yogurt or ice cream for vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt or ice cream. For a non-dairy alternative, use soy milk and soy ice cream.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Strawberry Banana Shake is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Robin G from Delicious!!! This is simply delicious! It is really easy to do! Simple but awesome!
Date published: 2016-03-08
If we have a machine with a smoothie setting, is that what we would use for this? Or would it be frozen dessert setting?
You may use either setting. Your frozen dessert setting is going to run for about 55 seconds. Your smoothie setting runs for about 45 seconds. The frozen dessert setting in this case will give you a smoother texture as the end result, it is also closer to the 1 minute of blending time suggested in the recipe.
Date published: 2016-05-14
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|