Strawberry Chia Jam
A serrano pepper complements the fruitiness of this strawberry jam, which also includes nutrient-packed chia seeds.
- 1 pound (455 g) strawberries
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded, halved
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds. Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator.
|Serving Size||1 Tablespoon|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Strawberry Chia Jam is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Karenh from Horrible! Something is missing or incorrect. I got a liquid mess. Taste was okay but ingredients were wasted.
Date published: 2016-09-15
In response to the review, chia seeds take time to thicken things. Was this still too thin after sitting awhile? My concern is that I tried a similar recipe a few years ago and it basically tasted like putting smoothie on my toast. Not good.
After jarring this recipe, let sit for 24 hours and you will have the consistency of jam.
Date published: 2016-12-08
What is sweet apple cider vinegar? I'm familiar with just plain old regular apple cider vinegar I've never heard of the sweet kind?
if you are only able to find regular apple cider vinegar you may use 1 oz apple cider vinegar and 1 oz apple juice instead. Or you can sweeten your 1/4C apple cider vinegar with a natural sweetener like honey, about 1 T.
Date published: 2016-04-20