Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
The perfect accompaniment to chopped veggies or whole wheat crackers, this hummus uses sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and fresh rosemary for a robust flavor.
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned chickpeas, with liquid
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2½ ounce (70 g) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Place chickpeas with liquid, sesame seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and rosemary into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Season to taste with sea salt, if desired.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hawaii David from Absolutely Delicious I just made this recipe. I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil rather than dried tomatoes after getting the answer to my question in the questions section. I held back some of the juice from the can of garbanzo beans and added it until I got the consistency that I wanted. I was excited to make this because I used to buy sun-dried tomato humus at Trader Joes. This is so much better.
Date published: 2016-08-10
Why do the sun dried tomatoes need to be dry and not packed in oil? I have the ones packed in oil and would like to use them.
If you are choosing to use the tomatoes packed in oil you will want to leave the additional tablespoon of olive oil in this recipe. You may want to slightly blot the tomatoes before blending to make sure you are not adding too much oil to the recipe, this will leave the hummus very runny.
Date published: 2016-08-09
Is the weight of the beans with liquid or 454 grams of beans + liquid? This makes little sense as cans of beans are different. Would be nice if the recipe were detailed about X amount of beans to X amount of liquid.
The can of chickpeas is based on the whole can with liquid that weighs 16 ounces (454 grams). Many
Date published: 2016-01-27