A unique medley of flavors gives this smoothie its nutritional value.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 cups (400 g) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- ¼ cup (35 g) beets, quartered
- ¼ cup (30 g) carrots, halved
- 1 inch (3 cm) fresh ginger root
- 1 cup (30 g) spinach
- 1 cup (35 g) Swiss chard
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup (25 g) broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup (130 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Sunset Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by HelloMichelleLee from Great mix of nutritional and sweet ingredients This smoothie had the perfect balance of sweet and savory and really packs a lot of vitamins and nutrients into one glass. Be careful not to overdo it on the beets and follow the recipes proportions as the strong flavor can easily overpower other ingredients.
Date published: 2017-01-01
Why is it that you don't include the calorie count on your recipes?
If you look to the bottom right corner of the recipe it will say "Nutritional Facts". You can find the calories to each recipe here. Serving Size 1 c ( 240 ml ) Amount Per Servings Calories 80 Total Fat 2.5 g Saturated Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 45 mg Total Carbohydrate 16 g Dietary Fiber 3 g Sugars 9 g Protein 2 g
Date published: 2016-06-21