Thai Pumpkin Soup
This sweet and slightly spicy pumpkin soup makes a satisfying autumn meal or a delicious appetizer to your holiday spread. Garnish with chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts, and sour cream.
- 1/2 large onion, peeled, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups (305 g) canned pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft. Add tomato paste, pumpkin, ginger, garlic, broth, coconut cream and coconut milk. Combine until thoroughly heated through.
- Place mixture, chilies, and lemon juice into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2 1/2 minutes or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve garnished with chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts, and sour cream or plain yogurt.
|Serving Size||1 cup ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|