Made with stewed tomatillos, scallions, and jalapeño, this authentic, Mexican salsa verde has fabulous flavor. Use it to top chicken enchiladas, or serve it with tortilla chips.
- 8 (272 g) tomatillos, peeled, stewed
- 2 (10 g) scallions, halved
- 1/4 (5 g) jalapeño, halved, seeded
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 15 seconds or just until chopped. If necessary, use tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.
- Do not over mix. Serve as a dip or as an accompaniment.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|