Made with stewed tomatillos, scallions, and jalapeño, this authentic, Mexican salsa verde has fabulous flavor. Use it to top chicken enchiladas, or serve it with tortilla chips.
- 8 (272 g) tomatillos, peeled, stewed
- 2 (10 g) scallions, halved
- 1/4 (5 g) jalapeño, halved, seeded
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 15 seconds or just until chopped. If necessary, use tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.
- Do not over mix. Serve as a dip or as an accompaniment.
The recipe requires stewed tomatillos, without more details. What is required to stew the tomatillos, e.g., what stove setting, how long coked, and do you add oil or liquid to the tomatillos to stew them? Thank you.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|