- 8 (272 g) tomatillos, peeled, stewed
- 2 (10 g) scallions, halved
- 1/4 (5 g) jalapeño, halved, seeded
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 15 seconds or just until chopped. If necessary, use tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.
- Do not over mix. Serve as a dip or as an accompaniment.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Tomatillo Salsa is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pcarolyns from Delicious but not chunky If you're looking for a tangy salsa verde sauce that would go great on rice, fish, etc., then this is it. It also is a great additional sauce to add on top of nachos. It's not, however, a chunky salsa like in the picture shown. Fifteen seconds is too long in the Vitamix for a chunky result (or perhaps I stewed the tomatillos too long?). I do happen to like resulting smooth sauce, however, so I'm quite pleased.
Date published: 2015-12-22
The recipe requires stewed tomatillos, without more details. What is required to stew the tomatillos, e.g., what stove setting, how long coked, and do you add oil or liquid to the tomatillos to stew them? Thank you.
To stew tomatillos, cut them in half and place in a small sauce pan. Turn the heat to medium low and place the tomatillos in the pan. Add two tablespoons of water to start. Allow these to cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until the tomatillos are tender. If the water evaporates totally before the tomatillos are tender add another tablespoon or two of water..
Date published: 2015-12-02
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|