With fresh tomatillos, Ancho chile, garlic, and onion, this traditional Mexican sauce can be used to add spicy flavor to a wide variety of meats, seafood, and vegetables.
- 1 pound (454 g) tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- 1/2 cup (72 g) chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dried Ancho chile, seeded
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sauté tomatillos, onion, and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes. Pour in water, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place tomatillo mixture, oregano, Ancho chile, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes.
Use on a wide variety of meats, seafood, and vegetables.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|