Tomato Strawberry Freeze
- 1 cup (180 g) chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (67 g) sugar or other sweetener
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
If mixture has the consistency of a milkshake, firm it up by slowly adding a cup of frozen ice cubes. Process until smooth. For a non-dairy alternative, substitute soy milk for skim milk.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|