- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 1 Roma tomato, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 carrot, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 rib celery, halved or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 thin slice of onion, peeled or approximately 1 Tablespoon chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 thin slice of yellow squash
- 1 thin slice of red bell pepper
- 1 thin slice of cabbage
- 1 mushroom
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Dash ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (70 g) cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup (50 g) canned corn, unsalted
- 2 ounces (60 g) tortilla chips
- Place broth, tomato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, squash, bell pepper, cabbage, mushroom and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If adding optional ingredients, reduce speed to Variable 2.
- Remove the lid plug.
- Drop in chicken, jalapeños, olives, corn, and chips.
- Blend for an additional 1-5 seconds.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Tortilla Soup is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CSMD from A fabulous soup! Each and every time I make this soup, I receive such wonderful, positive comments - in fact they are so complimentary I end up telling them I made it in my vitamix just minutes before I served it - I haven't the heart to pretend it took me hours to prepare lol
Date published: 2015-10-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bonzee44 from Super easy! I continue to use the Vitamix daily for smoothies but had gotten away from the soups while we were out of our house during renovations. I watched the QVC presentation and got back on board with this recipe......delicious!
Date published: 2015-11-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by JennyW from Delicious! This soup is so good. I can’t believe this great of a tasting soup is only minutes to make in a vitamix. I did not use the taco seasoning… instead I used my Mexican spices like cilantro, chili powder, and Mexican oregano.
Date published: 2015-11-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Santarp from Excellent and easy! Great recipe! One thing I end up doing is instead of adding chicken into the blender, I shred it with some last minute tortilla chips and then mix it in - only because I like a bit more texture!
Date published: 2015-11-08
I'm assuming that I'm supposed to cook most of these ingredients before placing them in the Vitamix container, but it doesn't say that anywhere.
Only the chicken is pre cooked
Date published: 2015-11-30
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|