This soup base is packed with nutrition from a variety of veggies, including celery, yellow squash, and cabbage. Other chunky ingredients are added toward the end of processing for interesting texture.
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 1 Roma tomato, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 carrot, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 rib celery, halved or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 thin slice of onion, peeled or approximately 1 Tablespoon chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 thin slice of yellow squash
- 1 thin slice of red bell pepper
- 1 thin slice of cabbage
- 1 mushroom
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Dash ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (70 g) cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup (50 g) canned corn, unsalted
- 2 ounces (60 g) tortilla chips
- Place broth, tomato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, squash, bell pepper, cabbage, mushroom and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If adding optional ingredients, reduce speed to Variable 2.
- Remove the lid plug.
- Drop in chicken, jalapeños, olives, corn, and chips.
- Blend for an additional 1-5 seconds.
For this recipe can it be done with the S-series blender ??
Is there a measurement that could be used in place of 1 thin slice? Thanks!
hello I have a vita mix and I'm having problems making the tortilla soup. when I make it gets foamy. i am burping the taste of the soup for a day. how do I make the soup without having lots of foam, a little bit of foam is ok but not with lots of it
I'm assuming that I'm supposed to cook most of these ingredients before placing them in the Vitamix container, but it doesn't say that anywhere.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|