Traditional Cheese Fondue
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dry white wine
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Kirsch, if desired
- 2 Tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces (230 g) cubed Gruyere cheese
- 8 ounces (230 g) cubed Emmental cheese
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and warm.
- Pour mixture into fondue pot.
For dippers, try cubed country French bread, mushroom caps, steamed or grilled asparagus spears, and steamed or grilled broccoli and cauliflower.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.