Traditional Cheese Fondue
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dry white wine
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Kirsch, if desired
- 2 Tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces (230 g) cubed Gruyere cheese
- 8 ounces (230 g) cubed Emmental cheese
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and warm.
- Pour mixture into fondue pot.
For dippers, try cubed country French bread, mushroom caps, steamed or grilled asparagus spears, and steamed or grilled broccoli and cauliflower.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Traditional Cheese Fondue is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Gourmet from Untraditional fondue Your recipes on the whole are great recipes but this one is a joke! Traditional fondue, made with gruyère cheese is NEVER mixed with water nor with emmenthal cheese let alone in a blender. You don't need a blender as the cheese is supposed to melt very slowly.
Date published: 2016-04-16
In the cheese fondue what can be substituted for white wine? Substitution necessary due to alcohol allergy.
Chicken broth or veggie broth. But know I just made this and it was very liquidy and didn't thicken with more cornstarch and cheese. I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.
Date published: 2016-02-22
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|